Sunday 28 September 2014

Undoing the knitting, and 'Who is that at your shoulder'?

I knit. Always have done. Takes me ages though, not because I am a slow knitter, but because I do so many other things. Not to worry, most of the knitted items I start always get finished. I like to have knitting on the go, even if I only occasionally do a row. Anyway, this morning I thought I would do a couple of rows of knitting while I waited for the kettle to boil. I am currently working on the front section of a lacy jumper I am making for myself. I have already done the back, so thought I would have measure of the back and front to see how far I needed to go before the armhole was reached. It was with some despair that I realised that I had gone wrong on the certain patterning on the front, so back and front did not look the same. Oooooohhh, blast it!!!! 

Now I could have done several  things: 1) I could have left it and carried on anyway, but never been satisfied with the jumper after it was finished, because for as long as I had the jumper I would be conscious of that error. 2) I could have thrown it in the cupboard and never looked at it again. 3) I could have given up and unpicked the whole jumper in temper. 4) I could have put the knitting to one side to sort out later, which would have meant probably never.

None of these were an option. What I did do was take a deep breath, take the knitting off the needles, and unravel it back to where the front matched the back so that it is ready for me to put it back on the needles and start again later on today.

And it came to me that this is like my life. That often I have made errors of judgement, taken decisions which were not particularly wise to do. Some I have corrected immediately, some I have left until another time to sort out, some I have put away in the cupboards of my mind there to fester away quite merrily, because my mind knows that there is something there which should not be there, so will open up those cupboard doors from time to time to remind me that certain things in my life need seeing to, thinking about, resolving. 

So, reviewing the things I could have done with my knitting, comparing it with my life:

1) 'I could have left it and carried on anyway, but never been satisfied with the jumper after it was finished, because for as long as I had the jumper I would be conscious of that error'.......

I could have carried on with certain pathways in my life, even if I was not happy and it felt wrong to be doing what I was doing. But I would not allow myself to have the courage to make the necessary changes that would alter those pathways, so I would have stayed stuck where I was, never being happy with my life, perhaps later on in life becoming quite bitter about the way things had become for me.  

Fortunately this never happened. I have always moved forward in life, have never stayed in an unhappy rut, always fought to find a way out, and I have always eventually won through, learning many life lessons along the way. 

2) 'I could have thrown it in the cupboard and never looked at it again'

 Ah, now this I have done in life, when certain situations have arisen which I did not know how to cope with, so I threw them into the cupboards of my mind and tried to forget them, only they never would be forgotten, and they have come back out of those mental cupboards, and I have dealt with them, and my mind is more peaceful as a result. It is alright to push things away into your own cupboards, but only allow it to be temporary, as those unhappy memories will taint your thinking and spoil your future. It can be a painful experience to revisit the past, but if you do so with a positive mind, then the experience will cease to be painful and you will feel better in yourself as a result. 

3) 'I could have given up and unpicked the whole jumper in temper'......

I have often tried to give up when life has been difficult, and my temper is a roaring rage of a temper when it happens, such that I have made myself have strokes and high blood pressure when the temper-mode hits me. Learning to control my temper is must, otherwise it will most surely kill me off. This is life lesson which is on-going for me. As for 'giving up'....... I try to, but the spirit within me won't let me!

4) 'I could have put the knitting to one side to sort out later, which would have meant probably never'............

Ah now, this one strikes home, because there are things I need to do in life connected to my 'calling / destiny', which I do keep pushing to one side for various reasons, but I would correct the 'probably never' part to 'I hope to have the energy and courage to have a go at those options which the Universe has given me, but which I feel unsure / insecure / not confident', about taking.

So, '..none of these were an option. What I did do was take a deep breath, take the knitting off the needles, and unravel it back to where the front matched the back so that it is ready for me to put it back on the needles and start again'.... 

This I can truly apply to how I am, that when things get a bit difficult, that I do take a deep breath, think through (with the help of the Universe) the difficulty, if necessary going back to the start (particularly when writing my books), or re-position myself (when I need to let go and move onto a different path), or to re-evaluate my current position to see how I can improve it, but not to let the difficult stay the same, but to alter it somehow, one way or another. Not to put it away into the cupboards of my mind, but to deal with it, because if it was left it would become a nuisance thought, that would unsettle me.

I hope that you can connect with some of what I have written. If you have a problem, try to deal with it by thinking it through. Ask the Universe to help you understand what you need to do. Remember that the Universe is our friend, and will guide and help us if we ask for help from the heart. Don't push things to one side, be patient though because acting too quick can make things worse, so take a deep breath, give yourself some thinking time, and then act on the decision you have made. Don't leave it for fear of making another mistake. Do it. 


******

"Who is that at your shoulder?" I asked a friend as she walked towards me, because I could 'see' someone was there. How did I know? Because that switch, which I often talk about, had become switched on. It is difficult to describe what 'the switch' is, just to say that it I suddenly seem to become super sensitive, which seems to heighten my ability to connect with that which is beyond us. In other words, I become connected to the energies of the Universe. I can't make this connection happen, it just happens. All I have to do is go with it, and not block it by my own thoughts.

So the person on my friend's shoulder? It was her father, who gave me a message which I then passed on to her. As ever, with this type of link I find my own mind continually questioning as to whether or not I am imagining what is happening, which tends to block the link if I am not careful. To help keep me in trust that it is a true link, and to confirm to my friend that I was not making things up, her dad gave me certain memories to give to her which only both of them would know about.

This was a very moving experience for us all, and I felt very humble to have been given the opportunity to bring comfort and peace to my friend, and also to her father, who would have wanted her to know that he did not leave her when he died, but had only changed dimensions.

So could I have made all this up? Not a chance! Absolutely not!!!! Because when I let my mind make its own opinion about what was being said by her father, the link faded away and I was left in my 'normal' self', with not the foggiest idea about what next to say.

And anyway, she had come for a visit to have a girl chat about what a muck our houses are in as our menfolk soldier on with renovating them, and to share with each other comforting women-related topics of conversation, the mysteries of which men find hard to understand. She had not come for a 'let's see who is with me today in spirit' type of conversation. Therefore it was a surprise to us both when I became connected to her father. That is how I know that it was not my imagination playing tricks with us. 

Apparently I am to 'see', that is the message I keep being given by the Universe. I already 'see' inside my head, and can ' see' 
 snow like movements in the air around me, but I have never been able to ' see' people. I await with interest to see how this transpires, and will write about it if / as it happens.........

Sending blessings to you this day, and remember..... don't put things off, get them sorted out, ....

I write about our life here in France on my other blog, where I describe our renovation and smallholding journey. The Universe brought us to this corner of France, to this once upon a time ruin of a house, to fields which were being raped by a commercial farmer. The challenges have been many, the growth of ourselves huge. It has been a grand journey.

Vx




No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you have found this post interesting, and if you have the time I would love for you to leave a comment, but it is alright if you don't have time to do so and thankyou for visiting anyway.